From the Pod: What TF is Self-Care (ep. 024)
Contributed by: Ade Akins
In episode 024 of the #AdzvicePodcast, I quizzed Bonita on what self-love and self-care really mean following the release of her blog post 'How I Learned to Love Myself'. It was a really honest, eye-opening and refreshing episode and I am sure you will get to know both of us even better by the end of it.
Episode Discussion Points
- Importance of following people that look like you on social media
- Body positivity
- The role of the media in how we view ourselves
- Mental and physical well-being
- Is it okay to fake confidence?
- Self-care defined
- Embracing your flaws
- Navigating the self-care wheel (physical, spiritual, psychological, emotional, professional and personal)
3 Key Tips Worth Sharing
Due to the importance of this topic to Bonita and how close it is to her heart, it goes without saying that there were loads of tips in this one. Here are a few:
1. Body positivity isn't an excuse to pig out - physical health is important. Equally, your size doesn't automatically define how healthy someone is.
2. Self-affirmations (telling yourself positive things about yourself) are really important and an aspect of self-care we all should do.
3. Take time out of your day to devote purely to yourself. No matter what your self-care looks like, make sure you make time for it daily.
Listen to the Full Episode on the Adzvice Podcast
Check out the latest episode in full over at adzvice.com/podcast and please leave a comment and review. Let us know your thoughts on social using the hashtag #AdzvicePodcast. Thank you for supporting!