How to Make: Chocolate Coconut Pancakes With Homemade Caramel Sauce
Contributed by: @DIYWITHJOY
It doesn't even need to be Pancake Day to self-indulge in delicious pancakes and satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling too guilty about it. These chocolate coconut pancakes topped with homemade caramel sauce, milk chocolate shavings, desiccated coconut and mixed berries do just that!
70g coconut flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
200 ml coconut milk
6 medium eggs
4 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp coconut oil + 1-2 tbsp for oiling the pan
1 can of condensed milk
50 ml coconut milk
50 g milk chocolate, for shavings
desiccated coconut (optional)
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and cook condensed milk on medium to high heat for about 2 hours. Ensure the can is completely covered with water at all times during cooking. Remove can from water using a tongue.
- Melt coconut oil and add pancake ingredients into a bowl. Whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan at medium to high heat and pour about 3 tbsp of the batter into the pan.
- Allow pancake to cook on one side until lightly browned (under 2 minutes), then flip over and cook the other side (about 30 seconds).
- Pour cooked caramel sauce and coconut milk in a pan and stir for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce, mixed berries, desiccated coconut, whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top.